The Long Beach Island Surf Fishing Contest
LBI NJ Fishing Tournament
The Long Beach Island Surf Fishing Contest is an annual fishing torment held on LBI NJ. The LBI Surf Fishing Classic has become a Long Beach Island tradition and is enjoyed by participants and followers alike. The participants compete for bluefish and stripped bass and the contest is held from October 6th 2012 through December 2nd 2012. The costs to register is only $30 and the entry entitles you to the entire 8 week tournament!
LBI Surf Fishing Classic Rules
The LBI Surf Fishing Contest has some general rules that must be followed to ensure a fun event for all. The complete list of rules is available on the LBI Surf Fishing Classic website but a few rules are outlined below:
- Contestants may not use more than two rods at any time.
- From the time that a fish strikes or takes a bait or lure, only the angler may handle the rod, reel and/or line
- Minimum length for bluefish is 32 inches. Each angler may enter two bluefish each tournament day.
- Minimum length for striped bass is 34 inches. Each angler may enter two striped bass each tournament day.
- Fish must be caught from the shores of Long Beach Island only: ocean, inlet, bay, and jetties. Boat fishing is not permitted
Registration and Prizes for the LBI Surf Fishing Classic
If you are interested in entering the LBI Surf Fishing Classic, you can register at a number of local spots. They are:
- Surf City Bait and Tackle
- Fisherman’s Headquarters
- Oceanside Bait and Tackle
- Jingles Bait and Tackle
There are many prize categories with prizes ranging from gift certificates to weekly prizes of $125to a grand prize of $1,000! The contest is meant to be fun and it truly is for all who chose to participate!
Nathan Colmer | The Van Dyk Group
Cell: 609-290-4293 | Office: 800-222-0131 | firstname.lastname@example.org