Long Beach Island Activities
Long Beach Island New Jersey
Long Beach Island, or “LBI” as it is known by the locals, is a beautiful barrier island off the southern coast of New Jersey. LBI is connected to the mainland by a single bridge which helps keep the population lower as compared to other shore towns with multiple access points. Long Beach Island is broken into six municipalities. Running north to south they are Barnegat Light, Harvey Cedars, Surf City, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Twp and Beach Haven. Each town on LBI has their own unique characteristics and each offers exciting and fun Things to do on Long Beach Island New Jersey.
Things to do on Long Beach Island New Jersey (LBI NJ)
Long Beach Island offers many attractions to enhance a summer vacation. A few of the more popular Things to do on Long Beach Island New Jersey are:
- The beaches of Long Beach Island: LBI offers over 18 miles of unspoiled beaches for family enjoyment. The beaches are guarded in season and select beaches permit surfing as well.
- Fantasy Island in Beach Haven: Fantasy Island is the only amusement park on LBI…and the only park LBI needs! Fantasy Island on LBI offers a Ferris Wheel, numerous rides, an arcade and free shows and entertainment.
- Schooner’s Wharf and Bay Village: Known as the premier shopping locations on LBI, these exciting mix of stores are located in the heart of Beach Haven within walking distance to most attractions. A variety of stores and restaurants allow vacationers plenty of options for fun!
- Barnegat Lighthouse: Located on the northern tip of LBI, Barnegat Lighthouse and the surrounding state park offers some of the best views on LBI! You can see unspoiled dunes, experience fishing off the walkways and climb to the top of “Old Barney”.
- LBI Historical Museum: Take a trip back in time with authentic items from LBI’s past. The museum is located in an old church and offers walking tours of the historic district in Beach Haven. The museum is also available for weddings on LBI!
- Watersports on LBI: LBI offers a number of options including surfing rentals, jet skis, power boats, sailboats, parasailing and kiteboarding. There are a number of stores located throughout LBI that rent and sell all the toys you will need for fun on the water!
- Concerts in the Park: Beach Haven offers free concerts in the Bicentennial Park located on Engleside Ave. These free concerts are a fun way to unwind and absorb so local entertainment!
Vacations on Long Beach Island NJ
Long Beach Island NJ is a great vacation destination. The close proximity to New York and Philadelphia allows for easy access for those looking to get away for a short trip. There are hotels on LBI, LBI vacation rentals and an active LBI real estate market for those looking to extend their trip on LBI just a little longer! With all the Things to do on Long Beach Island New Jersey it is easy to see why so many people like to call LBI home…even if just for a short while!
Nathan Colmer | The Van Dyk Group
Cell: 609.290.4293 : Toll Free: 800.222.0131 : Email: email@example.com
Click Here to Search All Homes For Sale in the Long Beach Island NJ Real Estate Market on LBI New Jersey